Since 2011, single women account for 17% and single men account for 7% of buyers.
Here are some tips to help single homebuyers:
- Don’t house hunt alone. Take a friend or family member that is familiar with home buying.
- Consider future household additions. These can affect square footage, yard space, and safety needs. Also, consider renovations and employment changes.
- Add up annual maintenance expenses. Reports of costs can be provided by sellers.
- If gift funds are used for down payment, check the mortgages offered as some limit how much of the down payment can be received as a gift.
- Take a homeownership class. Home Free USA offer free, online education.
Single buyers represent an exciting opportunity for today’s housing market.
Credit to: Jamie Sutton